LumbaCurve is simple and really easy to use. Don't worry full instructions come with the LumbaCurve or indeed you might find it easier to follow the instructions below.
IMPORTANTLumbaCurve™ is a dynamic care system and as with any therapeutic device, (if in doubt) we advise you consult your General Practitioner before use. The activity periods below are a guidance only; it is essential that any LumbaCurve™ activity is proceeded gradually at a rate that benefits the individual; always observing the maximum periods indicated. LumbaCurve has been designed for Adult use only.
1. Find a level area of floor space that is firm, comfortable and large enough to accommodate your full body length with arms and legs outstretched.
1. Place LumbaCurve™ feet down on the floor and lie down on your back with both knees bent.
2. Gently raise your back, and slide LumbaCurve™ centrally under the base of the spine, ensuring that the Logo end is closest to your feet.
3. Grip the underside recesses and position LumbaCurve™ so it fits snugly into the lumbar region of your back.
Push legs backwards then forward creating a rocking motion.
1. Take a moment to adjust for comfort and positioning.
2. Place hands on your abdomen, gently push your bottom backwards and forwards creating a rocking motion. Gradually build up momentum, and continue for 2 minutes.
Stretch and Breathe:
Support yourself by your elbows, and gripping the underside recesses, gently stretch out both legs one at a time.
Breathe and Relax:
1. Take a deep breath through your nose and hold for 2 seconds then slowly exhale through your mouth while extending both arms into a relaxing stretch.
2. Repeat this exercise gradually increasing the stretch on each exhale. You can do this for up to 3 minutes.
1. On completion of the exercises, grip the underside recesses and slowly slide feet one at a time towards your buttocks.
2. With your feet and upper back as support, carefully raise your back off LumbaCurve™, and push it to one side.
3. Slowly lower your back down to the floor, stretch out you arms and legs for a few seconds, and then relax.
Post Treatment Exercises:
Low Back Stretches On completion of any LumbaCurve™ exercise, it is important to maintain the ‘balance’ of your body. To achieve this, remain in a relaxed state, with one leg flat on the floor, clasp the other knee with both hands, breathe in through the nose, and out through the mouth, while slowly pulling the knee towards your chest until a comfortable stretch is reached between the buttocks and lower back (see below). Hold for 5 seconds then repeat with the other leg.
Pelvic Tilt Adopt the mounting position as in stage 1 above, and gradually press the hollow of the back against the floor, whilst gently tightening the abdominal muscles. Hold for 5 seconds and repeat 10 times.
Note:If the level of discomfort is inappropriate then discontinue for a few minutes and repeat the procedure. Subsequent attempts should gradually become easier.
If continued use brings about persistent inappropriate discomfort, suspend for 24 hours, then repeat the procedure. If the level of discomfort remains unacceptable, then refrain from use and return your LuumbaCurve™ unit to your supplier for a full refund. The concept behind the LumbaCurve back pain solution was to combine the best of East and West therapies, designed to combat back pain.